Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lazy Days

Yesterday Marla and I spent the day doing absolutely nothing. Here is the thing, while doing absolutely nothing I had time to think. For those of you who know me when I think bad things tend to happen. (ha!) I have been trying to think of something thought-provoking to write next. I was at a loss yesterday but today my Sunday class teacher brought up a thought that was very interesting. He asked what we thought our lives would be like in 2040. So let’s see in 33 years I will be 58 years old and close to retirement hopefully. I hope that I will have made a difference in somebody’s life by then. Ill probably have grandchildren “Maybe you gotta have kids first”. Now let’s get deep.

How many times will I have the opportunity to share the word of Christ? I’m not a particularly savvy speaker or writer. Talking to some body about God and theology is not one of my strong suits. But I hope that in some way or other I can be Christ like to some body or in some body’s life. More importantly will I have been a good Christian father for my children? I hope that I can share more than my passion for the outdoors with my kids. But that I can show them God's hand at work in the lives of His creation. Will I have connected to my kids in a way that when they are on their own they can still have a relationship with their true father? Maybe these are thoughts that go through every father or future fathers mind. To those of you who already have kids or are soon to have kids I hope and pray that you are able to fulfill this great charge God as set before you. Remember this as you walk through life’s journey and I hope this will give you strength and peace of mind, as it is my favorite passage “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its self. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~ Mt. 6:34”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Josh,

I think you just accomplished "talking to people about God and thoeology". Your post was a beautiful reminder that we have an important job to do as Christians that really has a limited amount to do with "talking to people to get them to believe and behave like they should". Our real job is to love God in the best way that we know how and to communicate how God affects us in that life we lead. Your post did that in a way that many church people never achieve. Glad you are blogging.