Friday, August 3, 2007

Today we Fish. Maybe tomorrow too.

First off Thanks to my Wonderful Wife for letting all her readers in on my blog.

Another flat miserable day in G-town. Can't expect much more than that for summer time in the gulf cost.(I still don't know why every body thinks surfing is a summer time sport, when almost every wear in the world sees the best surf at winter time but anyways). So boys and girls when it's flat what do we do? That's right we FISH. But that didn't go so well either with all the rain we have had in the last month or so the bay's salt content is low. That means the fish are not in the bays. I tried to fish the beach front but the current was to rough. So fishing was a bust. But for some reason I still fell that thing are right in the world again maybe adrenalin and surfing aren't the only things that give me the felling I need to get back in touch with the universe.

Let me propose this. Could it be just a getting back to nature and the basics of life that puts me in that frame of mind? If so then why is it that I or dare I say we as a human race have such a desire to acquire so much "STUFF". Believe me I'm the worlds worst. When really all i need is to sit and be at one with nature and especially the ocean. Don't get me wrong, the ocean is a one off the scariest places on earth. You don't know what is under the surface "at least here in Texas". But there was some thing about sitting there in the middle of a giant changing mass of uncertainty that put me a peace. All day I'd cast and wait with no result. No fish biting. But I went out not looking for fish but to set my universe back in order. So I guess it was a success full day. I think I might go again tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

wildlawman said...

Hey Josh! First, welcome to the blog world. Second, at least you live close enough to the ocean to go and you have time to. We have lakes, but no boats and no time (ahh, the life in the metroplex). Anyway, I hope you're well and say hello to Marla for me!